Coming soon.....

What I'm reading now: If the Dead Rise Not (Bernie Gunther Novels) by Phillip Kerr

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Daily Digest part 1: 9 Dragons



Okay okay okay....my life has been so hectic that for all intents and purposes I abandoned my blog. Though I know I have barely one reader it still bothers me. Anywhoo the show must go on and I have finally started a new book, 9 Dragons, by my fave Michael Connelly.

So far so good. It hasn't started with a bang and I have to say it is not a major page turner YET but I am excited to get back to it. Bosch and his new partner Ferras have been assigned to investigate the murder of a liquor store shopkeeper in South Central, a place where years before Harry had sought refuge during the Los Angeles riots. What at first seems like an ordinary crime in a dangerous part of town where no one looks up at the sight of caution tape is shaping up to be the work of one of the Chinese Triad gangs......I love the possibilities of the Triads in this book especially as I love the work of Xiaolong Qiu ; it is new territory for Connelly and seems promising.

So far the notion that Bosch had visited the store during the riots is not very interesting; I'm a little bored with Connelly's fascination with the riots. They have been a part of numerous story lines of his and I think it's time to put them to rest. I'm also not very thrilled with Bosch's partner Ferras, I hope his character is fleshed out further in the book.

That's it for now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am impressed! Blog advice posted here is quite my friend. I justifiable thirst for to clout hide up with comments and calibre work. IE browser bookmarks to your blog ethical with it, I l be involved a arise back to drive my friends more in the subsequent! The color of the layout is not spoiled, it is elementary on the eyes.

Thorpe said...

Much of this is directly related to the outfit you pick because as you may well know, prices vary in every part of life when you are a consumer. However, the critical key elements associated are cost associated, payback terms, what kind of documents are needed, and how much you can get. Country Calling Codes from Australia to Canada. Get country calling codes from Australia to Canada, plus Australia country codes and Canada country codes. Hipaa statement for fax cover. transmissions must have a confidentiality statement at the bottom related searches: copy fax cover sheet, us government fax cover sheet, fax cover sheet privacy statement,.